April 17, 2020
We are looking for hungry, persistent, and enthusiastic Software Sales Representatives eager to be a part of our growing team. This position is responsible for optimizing leads and independently conducting sales activities for MPOWR’s software solutions. Responsibilities include managing outbound and inbound lead flow through the HubSpot and Salesforce systems, seeking out potential customers, presenting on MPOWR products and service offerings, identifying and reporting to management potential areas of opportunity, finalizing the sale process and ensuring smooth transition to the account management team. This position is also responsible for reviewing and continuously refining the MPOWR sales strategy with support and input from the Sales Manager.
This job description is not meant to exhaustively encompass all potential job responsibilities, but rather provide an overview of the key responsibilities assigned to this position. Other duties may be assigned with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to permit those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Seeks out potential customers and sales opportunities through research, discovery, outbound leads and qualifying leads from marketing campaigns.
• Maintains a strong understanding of the Envision product and its capabilities, while keeping up-to-date of all new products/services and new pricing/payment plans.
• Conducts a minimum of 125+ cold calls to prospective customers per day.
• Schedules online meetings to conduct in-depth reviews of MPOWR and product demos with potential customers.
• Coordinates needs for campaigns to support sales activity with the marketing team and delivers weekly progress reports.
• Conducts regular check-ins with existing customers. Works closely with the customer engagement and technical teams to ensure overall customer satisfaction and that any concerns are addressed, escalating issues where appropriate. Identifies and proposes additional product or service options to satisfy any areas of need.
• Provides management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products and services.
• Maintains thorough documentation of all customer contacts from lead generation through closing in the HubSpot and Salesforce (CRM system).
• With assistance from the Sales Manager continuously innovates the MPOWR sales model and process.
• Achieves identified sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
• Attends associated industry trade shows as required. Represents MPOWR professionally.
• Keeps abreast of best practices and promotional trends.
• Actively participate in MPOWR team meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Hours of Operation
• This position will operate Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• As needed, this position may exceed standard operating hours.
• Travel requirements for this position are minimum. Expect less than 15% of the time to be spent traveling.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Any combination of equivalent education and work experience will be considered.
• Associates in Business or Communications Degree, or related field
• One to five years direct or inside sales or customer service experience.
Skill Based Requirements:
• Self-starter, highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales.
• Credible, confident, and articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills used to deliver ideas clearly and concisely.
• Excellent presentation and phone presence; ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs.
• Proven ability to find creative solutions for customer challenges.
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from start to finish.
• Proven ability to negotiate effectively and manage relationships effectively.
• Adaptable and open to feedback.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Ability to independently prioritize and manage time effectively.
• Ability to maintain professionalism at all times.
• Familiarity with HubSpot and Salesforce CRM preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and common productivity tools (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Ability to travel (air and road) to customer sites as needed.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
• This individual in this position will be required to regularly communicate via email and phone with internal and external customers to answer/ask inquiries and perform other job-related tasks. Must be able to exchange information clearly and accurately in all situations.
• This position requires the majority of the time to be spent in front of a computer screen. Must be able to accurately perceive and identify customer information.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
• Exposure to an open floor, indoor office environment; expect regular staff interaction and interruption throughout the workday.
• Worksite is located separately from workplace parking garage.
• Potential exposure to various office and environmental location depending on the customer.
Job Title: Software Sales Associate
Reports To: Sales Manager
Location: Rockford, IL
FLSA Status: Exempt